Friday 30 March 2018

Some Explaining

Needless to say, this roleplay has been declared dead in absentia for a while now. There are a couple reasons for it. One of them is that I'm in high school now. I already have so, SO many personal things going on in my life that I just didn't have the time or motivation to check the blog every day and write for the roleplay. I would approve comments and then, before I replied, just meander and do other things until I ended up closing the blog tab and logging off for the day.
But the other reason is that this roleplay didn't go the way I had first envisioned it to. I got different ideas for the story, the mechanics were changed time and time again, and it just devolved into something much more clunky and hastily glued together than what I intended it to be. I have basically written the entirety of the plot for arcs 2 and 3, but they stray so far from what we currently have going on that they seem foreign and out of place. It turns out that what I had first schemed up as a good basis for what I want to create was more of a dead end than I thought.

So, at this point, you're probably asking - after all the times that this roleplay (and many of my other projects for that matter) has been shut down and reactivated - what is going to happen now? As far as I am concerned, this roleplay is going to remain dead. However, I currently have another roleplay in the works similar to this one. With my new passion project, I hope to create something much more close to my original idea and more based on the gameplay of Dungeons & Dragons.
It will follow a completely separate story and it will take place on land rather than underwater, as I have found that gives more opportunities for an enthralling story. It will not run on a blog, and will instead be based on a Discord server. I won't spill a lot since it's still very much a work in progress, but I can offer a few details.

- I have a couple other people helping me work on this, so it'll be less of a hassle for me to manage.

- Rather than a bunch of quests for you to do solo, you will make your character and join/form a party with a total of 3 - 6 people in it. These are your party members, and you will collectively embark on a campaign separate from the rest of the roleplay members. Right now, we only have one type of story for you to play through, but we may consider adding multiple options for your campaign's story later.

- If you so desire, you may create up to 2 characters, though they must be in separate campaigns.

- If your character dies, you don't have to be dead forever. If you want, you can be resurrected under some circumstances, you can live on as a possessed object, make a new character, or more.

This blog will stay up for now, but I will likely repurpose it when the roleplay is finished sometime in the future. I'm open for suggestions and questions.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, all great things must come to an end, eh? Good luck with your endeavour, Dan. I hope the new rp goes the way you wish it to be. I probably won't participate in the new one though - I don't have, and am not intending to get a discord account. Anyways, all the best!

    Cheers,
    Dew

    ReplyDelete